Friday, 1 November 2013

Make a Video, Help Save Lives, Win An iPad

I saw a useful initiative mentioned recently that will help to make people think about not drinking and driving, or not travelling with people who are drunk. After all these years of campaigning, it seems that some people never get the message, but we've got to keep trying.

To win an iPad, people need to make a video up to two minutes long. It need not be professional. You can even use your mobile phone to record it.  Just remember to highlight the don't drink and drive message.

In my younger years I can recall crowding obliviously into a mini with about 7 other people and being driven by a drunk from a disco in Kings Langley, back to my home in Hemel Hempstead. The driver went round sets of bollards the wrong way, drove fast, and irresponsibly. As I was in the back, and quite squashed my lots of flesh, there was not a lot I could do to get him to stop. Anyway, after driving around recklessly, various people were  dropped off, and then myself. Unbeknown to me, the driver then carried on through Hemel town centre, hit the brick wall in the central reservation, put himself and a colleague in hospital for several weeks. I had had a lucky escape. Lucky for the driver and other passengers no one was killed. 

So, anyway,  The Bedfordshire and Luton Casualty Reduction partnership are giving people the chance to win an iPad (sponsored by Autohome Assistance) by promoting the dangers of drink driving.

Once recorded, send your film, to roadsafety@luton.gov.uk or post it to Road Safety Team, Luton Borough Council, Town Hall, LU1 2BU.

Deadline for applications is 5pm on 22 November and all shortlisted films will be uploaded to a dedicated YouTube channel.

Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment