Sunday, 6 September 2015

I Am Human First

The immigrant crisis was foremost in our social media minds this week.

It didn't start with the image of a drowned child being washed up on a Greek shore, but public opinion was polarised by it. And some people who knew no facts leading up to that little boys death were quick to condemn all immigrants, without regard to their own humanity. That appalled me.

I was reminded of John Lennon's lyrics in Imagine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRhq-yO1KN8

The other thing that appalled me was how ignorant some people are on international events. I shared a viral video to my Facebook Page of an ordinary  girl who happens to live in a war zone.

So take away the countries, take away the religions, and what we have left is what we all started with. Humanity.

Comments
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment